Federal Tuition Assistance

What is It?

FTA is financial assistance provided for voluntary off-duty education programs in support of a Soldier's professional and personal self-development goals. To get started visit the  ArmyIgnitED website

What Do I Get?

  • FTA will pay up to $250 per semester hours and up to 16 SHs per fiscal year
  • Lifetime limit of 130 undergraduate semester hours and 39 graduate semester hours
  • Up to 21 additional semester hours for a certificate
  • FTA will pay toward one credential at each of the following levels:
    • Associate Degree, Bachelor Degree, Master Degree, Undergraduate/Graduate Certificate
    • First Professional degrees are NOT eligible (i.e. doctorate degrees, Juris doctorate)

How Do I Qualify?

To qualify you must have completed initial MOS training requirements.

Service Requirements/Obligations

  • Have an ETS or MRD after completion of FTA funded course(s)
  • Officer and Commissioned Warrant Officers are subject to a four year Reserve Duty Obligation (RDSO) or two year Active Duty Service Obligation

Additional Criteria

  • The college is regionally or nationally accredited
  • The funded course(s) meets a requirement listed in your personalized degree plan provided by the school
  • You maintain an undergraduate GPA of 2.0 or a graduate GPA of 3.0 for FTA-funded courses
  • You must submit your FTA request at least 7 business days prior to the course start date

Please contact our office at (984) 664-6272 if you have any questions or concerns about your federal tuition assistance