North Carolina Tuition Assistance Program
To Apply please click here
All Army and Air Guard Members E4 and below will complete the paper application found below
What is NC TAP?
- A reimbursement program for actively drilling Army & Air Guard members of North Carolina
- Available for use before attending IADT
- Applicable at community college or technical, trade, or vocational training, proprietary, State educational institutions; two-year associate, four-year baccalaureate, graduate degree, or graduate certificate
- Members must have a minimum obligation of two years remaining as a member of the North Carolina National Guard from the time of the application; or extend membership for an additional two years of more from the time of the application
- Payable at the in-state tuition rate only. Any member of the NCNG that is a nonresident is eligible to be charged an in-state tuition rate. See you military affairs office for more information
Phone: (984) 664-6488
NCTAPS Tips for Success
- A complete packet includes an application and an invoice/bill
- Take care of ETS dates and flags early
- Check your email. NCTAP primarily communicates using email
- Send your documents and application at the same time. Label them with your first and last name and your branch of service
- Get a POC at your school in student accounts and/or financial aid. NCTAP funds will be disbursed there. If there is an issue at your school, these are the people that you will speak with
- Remember, funding alternates from term to term based upon finding availability and the number of applicants
- Specific questions call (984) 664-6272
Fall Term: Any class that starts on or after August 1st through December 31st. Application open from June 30th to August 30th.
Spring Term: Any class that starts on or after January 1st through May 14th. Application open from November 30th to January 30th.
Summer Term: Any class that starts on or after May 15th through July 31st. Application open from April 30th to May 15th.
Additional Sources of Funding
GI Bill Benefits
VA Work Study
Student Loan Repayment