Currently processing Fall 23 and Spring 24 applications. Please check your email for any updates.
To Apply please click here
What is NC TAP?
- A reimbursement program for actively drilling Army & Air Guard members of North Carolina
- Available for use before attending IADT
- Applicable at community college or technical, trade, or vocational training, proprietary, State educational institutions; two-year associate, four-year baccalaureate, graduate degree, or graduate certificate
- Members must have a minimum obligation of two years remaining as a member of the North Carolina National Guard from the time of the application; or extend membership for an additional two years of more from the time of the application
- Payable at the in-state tuition rate only. Any member of the NCNG that is a nonresident is eligible to be charged an in-state tuition rate. See you military affairs office for more information
Phone: (984) 664-6272
NCTAPS Tips for Success
- A complete packet includes an application and an invoice/bill
- Take care of ETS dates and flags early
- Check your email. NCTAP primarily communicates using email
- Send your documents and application at the same time. Label them with your first and last name and your branch of service
- Get a POC at your school in student accounts and/or financial aid. NCTAP funds will be disbursed there. If there is an issue at your school, these are the people that you will speak with
- Remember, funding alternates from term to term based upon finding availability and the number of applicants
- Specific questions call (984) 664-6272
Fall Term: August 1st through August 31st.
Spring Term: January 1st through January 30th.
Summer Term: April 12th through May 10th.
*No applications will be accepted after deadlines
Additional Sources of Funding
GI Bill Benefits
VA Work Study
Student Loan Repayment